Guesthouse Ortswies 37
Rooms to rent
Guesthouse Ortswies 37
Rooms to rent
Haus Ortswies 37
39019 Dorf Tirol
- early bird breakfast (in B&Bs)
- shoe drying room with equipment cleaning possibility
- once weekly accompanied walking tour with walking highlight
- walking info point with detailed literature, weather forecast, route suggestions, programmes in 2 languages (italian and german)
- individual tour recommendations
- hire of walking rucksacks
- close to hiking paths
- power breakfast featuring regional products (in B&Bs)
- lockable room for bikes
- possibility of drying cycling gear
- washing area for bike
- service corner with tools etc.
- bike info point with detailed literature, weather forecast, route suggestions, programmes
- close to bike trails
- your host can provide information on the closest bike hire shop
Arrival and departure
Rooms and appartments
Our guests are free to arrive any time between 2 pm and 8 pm, and the room can be used up to 10 am on the day of departure.
- On arrival, our guests are treated to a small, complementary seasonal refreshment, such as fruit or a soft drink, in the entrance area.
- We are happy to store our guests’ luggage.
- Depending on availability, we offer our guests the opportunity of keeping the room until later in the day (charges may apply).
- We are happy to provide our guests with traffic and weather information on their day of departure.
... and many other advantages
A welcoming gift awaits our guests in their room.
- A water jug and glasses are available for our guests in their room, and we point out the excellent quality of our region’s drinking water.
- We are happy to provide our guests with additional soft blankets and pillows.
- We offer our guests the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Relaxation up above the spa town
The Guesthouse Ortswies 37 is located in the midst of fruit orchards in the village of Tirolo above the spa town of Merano/Meran. The village centre is just five minutes away on foot, while the spa town itself can reached quickly by chairlift or bus. The house offers a quiet sunbathing lawn for relaxing, while the panoramic views from the rooms over the Etschtal Valley and the mountains of the Texel group are the inspiration for numerous excursions – and your hosts have plenty of useful suggestions ready!
Irmgard and Heinrich Schnitzer have been running their bed & breakfast for 40 years now. While Irmgard cares for her guests, husband Heinrich is pleased to accompany them on weekly walks into the wonderful surrounding mountain scenery. Both strive to meet their guests’ every wish to ensure they enjoy their well-earned holidays.
Guests here above all appreciate the delicious breakfast buffet with homemade jams, as well as the family atmosphere and convivial barbecue evenings with folk music. A pick-up service from Merano/Meran station and a warm welcome mark the beginning of a restful holiday!
Mir drzehln: We tell their stories!
An autumn holiday in Dorf Tirol
“Törggelen” at the Haus Ortswies 37
Autumn features the culinary tradition of “Törggelen” in South Tyrol. And that means: it’s time for roasted chestnuts! At the Haus Ortswies 37 in Dorf Tirol this is done the traditional way: chestnuts are collected in the woods, roasted over an open ...
Ortswies-Days. Above the rooftops of the spa town of Merano!
Past Merano and Trauttmansdorff Castle, we‘re heading higher up for the small and pretty village Tirolo, where we‘ll spend the weekend – at Guesthouse Ortswies 37 . We‘re looking forward to two days of relaxation, adventure and hospitality. Check ...
Winter in the mountains – in close-up
For an adventure without skis, a snowshoe excursion is a wonderful way to experience the beauty of winter in the mountains, with a snowshoe excursion the ideal way to combine sport, mountains and nature in the cold months of the year. So, ...