Rooms to rent
Rooms to rent
Via Scena 52
- early bird breakfast (in B&Bs)
- shoe drying room with equipment cleaning possibility
- once weekly accompanied walking tour with walking highlight
- walking info point with detailed literature, weather forecast, route suggestions, programmes in 2 languages (italian and german)
- individual tour recommendations
- hire of walking rucksacks
- close to hiking paths
- energy-efficient, natural design (climate house B)
- quiet location surrounded by nature
- superior architecture, built to last
- breakfast featuring South Tyrolean quality products (in B&Bs)
- no smoking in interiors
Arrival and departure
Rooms and appartments
Our guests are free to arrive any time between 2 pm and 8 pm, and the room can be used up to 10 am on the day of departure.
- On arrival, our guests are treated to a small, complementary seasonal refreshment, such as fruit or a soft drink, in the entrance area.
- We are happy to store our guests’ luggage.
- Depending on availability, we offer our guests the opportunity of keeping the room until later in the day (charges may apply).
- We are happy to provide our guests with traffic and weather information on their day of departure.
... and many other advantages
A welcoming gift awaits our guests in their room.
- A water jug and glasses are available for our guests in their room, and we point out the excellent quality of our region’s drinking water.
- We are happy to provide our guests with additional soft blankets and pillows.
- We offer our guests the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Space to live, room to enjoy
The Villa Alvarium, located on the southern edge of the village of Schenna, offers guests peace and relaxation. It features a garden with Mediterranean flora and views of the mountains of the Texel Group Nature Park. It lies approximately 1.5 kilometres from the village centre, while a bistro, open-air swimming pool and tennis court can all be found close by.
Retired architect Josef Gritsch actively runs the establishment. He is always glad to provide advice and information on walks, restaurants and cultural events in the area, and he particularly enjoys meeting his guests. His aim is to make them feel at home: to this end there is a fully equipped kitchen and modern, generously-sized apartment. The two fully-glazed outer walls of the villa draw the gaze towards the outside and the wonderful landscape of Merano and environs.
For guests who like the finer things in life, there are further services available such as award-winning fine wines, fresh Nespresso and daily bread rolls if required. The quiet location with its good public transport connections and numerous hiking trails is ideal for discovering the surroundings.